On behalf of Tulsa Boys’ Home, we welcome you to join us for a series of upcoming training opportunities over the next year. Tulsa Boys’ Home is now the provider of a new innovative set of workshops centered on our equine therapy program. Over the past several years, our Equine Counselor Johnny Clark, LMSW and Equine Counseling Assistant Shannon Curry, M.S. have worked together to develop our own equine model called The SPUR Model: An Equine-Facilitated Social Intelligence Approach to Relationship Building. This model was created to engage people in a non-traditional, experiential process of playing games with horses as a way to build social intelligence.
The key concepts of perception, behavior, and engagement related to social intelligence along with the intuitive abilities of the horse are combined to “spur” others towards a greater capacity to relate.
In an effort to share this information and train professionals across Oklahoma and surrounding areas, we welcome you to join us for our upcoming workshops. Tulsa Boy’s Home’s Equine Department will be hosting two different types of workshops.
- The first workshop is The SPUR Model: Facilitator Training Workshop, which focuses on training professionals who are interested in utilizing the horse in an experiential setting to help clients improve their ability to get along socially.
- The second workshop is The SPUR Model: Staff Development Workshop, which focuses on equipping staff involved in residential care, child care agencies, and treatment facilities that are looking for a non-traditional approach to team building, learning how to develop personal social intelligence, and applying that to working with clients in any given setting across the human service field.
The workshops are designed to be selected based on the needs of the individual person interested in the workshop and/or groups, agencies, and organizations connected to working with children, youth, and families. The goals of each workshop are outlined on the attached brochure (see attachment).
We are excited to share this innovative model with those who are interested in taking part of the workshops over the next year. These workshops will be held in the Sherman E. Smith Indoor Arena located at the back of the TBH campus.
***This workshop is approved by the Oklahoma Board of Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselors and the Oklahoma State Board of Licensed Social Workers for 12 hours of Continuing Education Credits.
If you have any questions or are interested in registering for one of the workshops, please contact Shannon Curry at 918-246-5844 or by email at email@example.com
The SPUR Model: 2-DAY Facilitator Training Workshops
- September 20 - 21; 8:30AM - 4 PM
- Single Registrant- $500 per person
- Group Registration- $400 per person
TBH Sherman E. Smith Arena
The SPUR Model: Staff Development Workshop
This is a private 1-Day training program from 9AM - 3PM for your team!
- Schedule as needed.
- $199.99 per person
TBH Sherman E. Smith Arena
***Schedule your private SPUR Training Workshop for your team by calling Shannon at 918-246-5844