Tulsa Boys' Home appreciates your interest in helping to heal troubled young boys in Oklahoma. We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year in order to give the best possible care we can provide. You can also fill out an online application below.
Position: Residential Youth Care Worker
Under the direction of the Lodge Manager and according to treatment plans defined by the team, provide a therapeutic group living experience for a specific group of boys.
- College degree and/or experience in residential child care or related.
- Ability to relate to and counsel adolescents individually and in group settings.
- Ability to effectively deal with crisis situations.
- Valid OK driver's license and ability to be placed on Agency vehicle insurance.
- Awareness of sensitivity of cultural and socio-economic characteristics of client population.
- Responsible for the health and safety of residents, knowing whereabouts at all times.
- Function as contributing member of interdisciplinary team.
- Participate in forming treatment plans, activity schedules, daily routines, lodge policy, etc.
- Implementing structured program within the lodge.
- Ensure staffing coverage
- Recording and documenting all necessary logs, charts, forms, etc.
- Support and implement all rules, policies, guidelines, and directives of TBH.
- Develop meaningful, therapeutic relationships with each resident through interactions and individual counseling.
- Establish therapeutic group atmosphere and facilitate group meetings using appropriate leadership skills.
- Preparing meals in lodges at times while complying with Agency, Health Department, and Department of Human Services standards.
- Distribute prescription and non-prescription medication, documenting doses administered, completing incident reports, and maintaining supply of medication.
- Learn and practice the Relationship Healing Model and treatment model adopted by TBH.
- Other duties as assigned by superiors.
Send Resume To: firstname.lastname@example.org
To express interest in employment with Tulsa Boys' Home, please fill out and submit this short form. Your information will be kept confidential.